Back to main coronavirus page.
The Federal government department of health:
The Northern Territory Secure NT website:
- Check out Colin Buchanan’s new ministry to kids (launching 6pm 1st April).
- Download this Kids Read Truth Matthew devotional for free.
- Check out the Max7 website for a huge amount of free resources to use with kids, including in response to Covid-19.
- Purchase and use this ebook, specifically to help fathers read the Bible with their children.
- Sign up for ‘church at home’ with the Bible Project (in English or Spanish) as a supplement to what we do on Sundays.
- Use this time to start some theological study, check out Moore College PTC courses or Ridley online.
- Check out a bunch of Christian blog posts and articles at the Gospel Coalition Australia.
- Check out a marriage course over 5 sessions you can do at home
- Watch a video together of Keith and Sarah Condie (who run the above course), talking about marriage.
- Please get in touch if you need help or assistance. Joy and David Brabham (firstname.lastname@example.org.
au / 0447 801 614) have agreed to coordinate this for our 9am congregation and Caleb Muggeridge (caleb.muggeridge@ gmail.com / 0427 079 305) has agreed to do the same for 5pm. Their primary role will be receiving requests for help and offers of help, and connecting people.
- Seek help if you are experiencing domestic or family violence. Searches for domestic and family violence help increased by 75% in the last few weeks and no church community is immune. Please contact Laura or Joshua at any time for urgent support.
This is new to all of us and I trust you will be gracious and understanding toward your own computer if it frustrates you, and to those working to make this happen if it fails on the day. On Sunday, the best place for an update is our website.
In the absence of a livestream we recommend you read Galatians 3:23 - 4:7 and discuss the following questions, before praying together:
- What does this teach us about God?
- What does this teach us about Jesus?
- What does this teach us about ourselves?
- What does this remind us about how to be saved?
There will be no Lord's Supper again this week, 6 April.
Our prayer book service for ministry with the sick has the notes, ‘If for good reason it is not possible for the sick person to receive the sacrament, the minister shall give assurance that all who repent of their sins, trust in Christ, and celebrate his saving work with grateful thanks, truly eat and drink the body and blood of Christ, even though the bread may not have been eaten, or the wine drunk.’ While we are not all sick, but for reasons of sickness are unable to receive the Lord’s Supper, our assurance also lies in our faith in Jesus Christ.
FRESH and Playgroup are postponed indefinitely.
Youth Group has ceased meeting for Term 1 and plans to try virtual meetings in Term 2.